Friday, August 29, 2014

SIGH and japanese extreme metal bands

I like extreme music. Sometimes it’s black metal, or death metal, or speed metal. Japan, I said it in my last post, it’s a really interesting country. Japanese music is very rich in quality and creativity, even the pop music (even if I hate to admit it) is very complex in those terms.

Therefore, if I consider Japanese pop music interesting, you can imagine how much I like the Japanese metal. It’s sometimes so weird, or sometime very folkloric, but it’s never a boring country to do their music.

I listened to a lot of Japanese bands and I can say they take a lot of influences of occidental bands and make it better, or at least, rarer. Mixing and re-doing things, exploring new concepts, without fears. I like Sigh because of that: They are experimenting all the time with new sounds, new instruments, new concepts, new influences. They are considered “avant-garde black metal”, but they have just the voices of that kind of music or the influences about black metal topics, therefore I don’t really think they’re some like “black metal” (they are not pure, but it isn’t mean they are not the best band I met, from Japan at least).

I can say my favorite band is Sigh, but it doesn’t mean I don’t like “pure” or “true” metal bands of Japan, like Metalucifer, Saver Tiger, Sabbat or any metal band I met of that country, even the “new metal” or j-rock bands like Eight, Mucc or Plasma Jet.






2 comments:

  1. When I listened to japanese music, I listened to the music of the anime openings jajaja, specially I loved larc en ciel, until now I remember some of their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know japanese music but with you post I can know it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete