Friday, September 26, 2014

My Future Job

My future job

Since I was a child, I wanted to be a psychologist.  I didn’t know the psychology had different types (like social, occupational or educational) when I was a child, but the clinical psychology was a very interesting thing to me. Therefore I studied a lot to get good qualifications and be better and better in school, to come to university and learn about it, and, then, work as a psychologist.

Today, I know more about psychology, but I haven't changed my decision about clinical psychology, because it’s something that fills me up, is the only thing I can say “it’ my vocation”. Give help to someone that has problems with their life by the better way I know, learn about mental diseases, study about the history of mental disease classifications and raise from the bottom to someone who needs it is really a thing I would love to do the rest of my life.
Then, if you ask me for my future job, it will be work as a clinical psychologist.  I really don’t know if it will be in a private consult or in a mental clinic (or hospital), I want to decide it later, because I feel I don’t really know enough about. Even I would work in a private consult and in a hospital at the same time, I don’t know.

Even I would work with behavioral therapies or psychoanalysis, I think it depends about the patient. I want to study it carefully.

I don’t really want to travel to another country to work as psychologist, because en Chile we have horrible statistics about mental health. Stress is devouring our population, and I want to help as much as I can. 

2 comments:

  1. It´s amazing that you love clinical psychology so much that even after learning that they are a lot of different areas you still wanted to study that, not many people stay in the same path after the first year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you can be a great psychologist, but I need to study hard!!

    ReplyDelete